Subscribe: Let us do the hard work and send the podcast to you: https://bit.ly/2NZjODA
Review: Share the love and leave a 5* review
From your phone: http://getpodcast.reviews/id/1375904962
(from anywhere else hit the ‘Write a Review’ button in the Apple Podcasts app or iTunes)
Guest and Episode Links
May King Tsang
@MayKingTea on all the socials:
Enjoy the Episode – Happy Marketing!
Website Thingy: www.marketingstudylab.co.uk
The Professional Bit: https://www.linkedin.com/in/petersumpton/
Facebook Community: https://www.facebook.com/groups/marketingstudylab/
Tweet Tweet: https://twitter.com/cousinp81
Do you ever fear missing out. It can be a Marketing tactic that can be used for good…… and evil. Remember when everyone was buying a ton of toilet roll at a time. The coverage this was give sparked huge FOMO. Might not be directly associated with marketing, but you get the point.
May King Tsang is the original social media reporter and #FOMOCreator. As you’ll hear later, there is a lot of social media posting going on here.
May King uses this superpower of being able to consume information, digest it and post it to help conferences and events (online and offline) build awareness and sell out. She does this by focusing on those that matter, the audience.
In this episode we’ll cover;
• How to create that fear of missing out?
• What to do pre and post event
• The tools you need / or don’t need to make this happen
• And why you can’t tweet often enough
Important to note that when we are chatting about ‘Traditional Marketing’ we are discussing the way we traditionally use social platforms.
Watch the episode video of May King and me having a giggle and chatting #FOMO:
- When focusing on selling out an event, you need to focus on what matters – the attendees (and to some extent the speakers and sponsors), so why not use them within your Marketing. Not the lame stock images, but actually discussing why they are at the event and what the event is like. Remember Seth Godins phrase ‘people like us, do things like this’.
- You don’t need totally new content for every social post. Try repurposing your content. One video could be chopped up and used 2,3 or even 10 times. Look to be more efficient and maximise value from all your content.
- And finally. Get going, be it video, audio or the written word. You don’t need all the kit, you just need a phone to start. Don’t have all the gear and no idea, be different. Have all the ideas and one piece of gear.
Music Featured on this Podcast:
Sleepy in the Garden
Lobo Loco www.musikbrause.de
Creative Commons License