Guest and Episode Links
Enjoy the Episode – Happy Marketing!
Networking and events can be both difficult to arrange and for some, even harder to attend and get value out of them.
So it’s time to meet Joe Glover, the Found of The Marketing Meetup, a community where marketers listen, learn, meet and share knowledge through events and workshops.
The Marketing Meetup was created only four years ago and now has a community of over 11,000 people in the UK and US, with nearly 150 events during 2019.
Before we get into how to get the best out of an event or even put one on yourself, I thought this would be the opportune time to ask that most important of questions, Joe, what is your favourite type of mic – Handheld, Lapel or ‘and the mechanics’?
– Joe kindly went through what is needed to get the best out of an event both arranging one and going to one.
– Find a venue, make it decent and one you can work with and alongside
– Food, you don’t have to do the standard, be different, but offer something people want
– Speakers, you won’t be short of people who want to speak but a good tip is to ask those you, yourself actually want to learn from
– And finally, the Marketing, don’t forget that! Know your audience and make it easy to sign up
Secondly, of you’re going to an event, remember the three Marketing Meetup mantras:
– Say hello
– Be positively lovely
And if you see me or Joe, do the last two and we’ll more than happily do the first one!
Music Featured on this Podcast:
Sleepy in the Garden
Lobo Loco www.musikbrause.de
Creative Commons License